- THE PATHS OF ASCAIN PHOTOGRAPHY -
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The ZILARGIA association and the City of Ascain (64 - Pyrénées Atlantiques) are organizing a photography festival in Ascain. This is the fifth edition of this flagship event of Photography in the Basque Country, in France and in Europe, supported by the Department of Pyrénées Atlantiques.
This year the festival will run from Saturday 9th June to 9th August 2018. Festival organizers have decided that the addressed theme this year will be :
RITES, SYMBOLS AND FREEDOM
The ZILARGIA Association is launching a call for applications to expose the works of fifty photographers.
The requirements to participate in this call for applications are :
• to be over 18 years at 31st March 2018
• to be the author of the proposed photographs
• to have the written agreement of the people present in the pictures, if applicable
• to be responding to the theme with an artistic vision and relevance
• to complete the application form
• to Provide the files according to mentioned technical prerequisites (see below)
• to assign the rights of the selected photos
for for the hanging in the street and the edition of the catalog
• to authorize the organizers to use the selected photographs for 2 years for communication purpose of the festival. The mention © or copyright followed by the name of the photographer will be mentioned on all communication media.
The photos will be exhibited in the streets of the village, as printed canvas and prints pasted on the walls and / or on panels.
The association is asked to participate in similar events, canvas and / or prints may be preserved and displayed other than in Ascain after the festival.
The photographer agrees that such action can be taken.
Zilargia The association is committed to inform the photographer about an eventual continuation.
The call for applications will be closed Sunday, March 18th, 2018 at midnight.
Projects will be assessed in terms of their quality and artistic relevance.
Collective projects are accepted.
The work of photographers will be selected by a jury which will meet Saturday, March 18th.
The decision of the selection committee shall be final and binding.
Selected candidates will be informed exclusively by email before April 15, 2018.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The call for entries is open to all photographers, professional or amateur, and involves the unconditional acceptance of this Regulation.
The registration fee for the application is 25 €.
Applications should be sent only
Deadline for applications: Sunday, March 18th, at midnight.
File/folder must have from 1 to 6 pictures , related to the theme, in accordance with the technical requirements set out in the "TERMS" below.
The ZILARGIA Association supports printing on canvas ONE photograph or drawing to be pasted on the walls and / or on panels according to the scenography.
If you do not want your picture to be printed on canvas you will need to check the box in the application form.
At the festival's closing night, canvas exposed will be sold at auction.
The sale price will be determined by the price of production and cost of hanging.
25% of the sale price will given to the author of the photograph sold, the remaining 75% covers the cost of production and hanging.
However if the photographer wants to retrieve the canvas he will give us a request by mail, and must pay the cost of mailing.
PRINTS EXHIBITION SERIES
Each photographer may, if selected, showcase up to 5 prints in shops of the village. For now, prints and return costs if necessary, will be the responsability of each photographer. The prints will be sold directly by the photographer. NB: We are developing the possibility of a partnership with a professional laboratory. If necessary we will return to this in the coming days.
In the end and only after deliberation by the jury, photographers selected to participate in the festival will be Zilargia members of the association for 2018 at no additional cost.
• The online application form.
• The High Definition file THE photograph you want to expose in the street in TIFF or JPEG-RGB-300DPI and 3500 pixels for the widest edge.
• The 6 photographs in JPEG-RVB-72DPI and 1200 pixels for the widest edge.
• A biography of the author, and photographs of his career (exhibitions / publications) from 1000 to 1500 characters maximum, in digital RTF or DOC.
• A CV in digital format PDF, RTF or DOC.
• An introductory text on the presented series of 700-1200 characters maximum, in digital format RTF or DOC.
• The image files will be named as follows:
first initial-name-numéro.jpg (eg for Jean Duran Duran-j-1.jpg).
• Fulfill the € 25 participation fee by check or on www.helloasso.com site.
To validate your registration, thank for pay 25 €